Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Kazim-Richards Hopes for Upset


Colin Kazim-Richards is hopeful Turkey can upset Germany on their way to Euro 2008 glory.

Kazim-Richards and his team-mates are preparing for Wednesday's semi-final against Germany as Turkey look to cause another shock in Austria and Switzerland.

Turkey, who have been badly hit by injuries and suspension, sneaked through Group A with a last-gasp victory over Czech Republic and then stunned Croatia in a quarter-final penalty shoot-out.

Colin Kazim-Richards, also known as Colin Kâzım or Kâzım Kâzım in Turkey, (born 26 August 1986 in Leytonstone, London) is an English-born footballer who plays for Fenerbahçe in the Turkcell Super League and internationally for Turkey having qualified for Turkish nationality from his mother who is of Turkish Cypriot descent. His father is of Antiguan descent.

He is now looking forward to stunning pre-tournament favourites Germany.


Dream

"It's amazing," Kazim-Richards said in The Times. "I'm not only Turkish, I'm English as well so to play the Germans is incredible.

"I hope we can beat them anything is possible as we have shown already in this tournament.

"We don't give up until the last second, until the final whistle blows.

"If I said I didn't dream of playing in big matches like this, I would be lying.


Ambition

"I had big ambitions and big dreams when I was younger. I wanted to play in tournaments like this."

And Kazim-Richards also admits that to win Euro 2008 would continue his 'dream' international career.

"To be called up to the team was a dream," added Kazim-Richards.

"Then to be included in the final squad for this tournament was another dream. Now I would love a third dream - to win this trophy. Why not?"

Source: sportinglife.com


No comments:

Post a Comment