Friday, June 6, 2008

Zlatan hoping to be paired with Larsson


Sweden striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic believes Henrik Larsson can help him end his long goal drought at Euro 2008.

Ibrahimovic has won back-to-back Serie A titles with Internazionale but he has not been able to reproduce his club form at international level.

He has not scored for Sweden since October 2005 but feels confident that he can make an impact in Austria and Switzerland.

The 26-year-old is hoping to play alongside Henrik Larsson, who was a surprise call-up to the Sweden squad after coming out of international retirement.

"Henrik and I have a special relationship and we have played a lot together. He helps me a lot and he can help me during this championship if we are picked together," Ibrahimovich told reporters.

"Of course it is up to the coach who plays and I respect all the strikers in our team but Henrik is who I play best with.

Pressure

"Sooner or later I will score. I just keep trying to create as many chances for myself and my team-mates.

"The only pressure I feel is from myself because I want to play the same way for Sweden as you have seen me at Inter."

Sweden coach Lars Lagerback also said he was unconcerned by Ibrahimovich's differing performances for club and country.

He said: "You have to look at the facts. At Inter he plays more games and in every eight or nine matches out of 10, Inter are the better team.

"But Zlatan was an important player for us in qualification, creating many chances for others to score."

Source: Sportinglife.com


No comments:

Post a Comment