Saturday, June 26, 2010

Barca is my home, Pep is my idol

While the negotiations between FC Barcelona and Arsenal concerning the signing of Fabregas continue, what is clear is that the Catalan midfielder is one of the top summer transfer targets for Barcelona, as indicated by the Sky Sports website (among numerous others). The Blaugrana administration will try to get Fabregas back to the club he left for Arsenal at the age of 16.

Fabregas, in an interview with Catalan radio channel Ona FM, assured that, currently, he is not thinking about anything but the World Cup. He also added: “It won’t be a problem if I return to Barcelona because Barca is my home. The people there are always sensational in the way they treat me.”

Fabregas also expressed his admiration for Barcelona’s coach Pep Guardiola, who was one of the club’s important midfielders before becoming their coach.

The Arsenal captain confessed that ”Guardiola has always been my idol since childhood. I played in his position and I noticed him. My coach even gave me a shirt signed by him.”

Fabregas also praised Arsenal’s coach Arsene Wenger, who helped him to become one of football’s leading midfielders.

“He means everything to me. He is the person who put his trust in me,” said Fabregas. “Without him, I don’t know if I would be a professional footballer today. I owe him a lot and I have a special affection for him.”



No comments:

Post a Comment